Inclusion U Online
Our featured online training that teaches you how to be a Certified Inclusivity Assessor (CIA)
- Are you a recreation or tourism provider interested in ensuring that your policies, programs, sites and facilities are accessible to all people?
- Are you interested in learning more about providing inclusive recreation services?
- Are you a person with a disability, family member or advocate interested in expanding inclusive recreation opportunities?
- Would you like to become an inclusivity assessor helping to identify inclusive recreation experiences for people with disabilities?
- Would you like to participate in continuing education for your profession?
- Would you like to advance your skills in inclusion and accessibility?
- Then check out Inclusion U Online!
- Inclusion U is a 10-hour online training that teaches you how to be an Certified Inclusivity Assessor.
- You can earn 1.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) (or 10 contact hours) by completing Inclusion U Online (pre-approved by NCTRC)
Inclusion Ambassador Training
The Inclusion Ambassador Training Online is an exciting way for youth and others to earn certificates and badges as they learn how to promote inclusion, whether as a part of a Scout activity, a summer recreation staff training, a junior camp counselor activity, a 4-H project or other avenues.
The 3-hour online training is hosted by a teenager with Down syndrome, Jess, who guides students through the 6 units in the training via animated cartoons. Social media is used to post experiential projects and activities. After taking quizzes and a final exam, students become Inclusion Ambassadors.
The Inclusion Ambassador Training is available for free to any Certified Inclusivity Assessor who has completed Inclusion U Online. A CIA can invite as many people as they would like to complete the training for free.
Ideally, the full-time staff at an agency would complete Inclusion U Online, then invite and mentor their part-time and seasonal staff through the Inclusion Ambassador Training.